[mythtv-users] IR Blaster / Comcast DTAs

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 13:23:07 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 12:00 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 2:25 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> In a month I will loose most/all of my analog channels on Comcast. I
>> have had my 2 free DTAs for a couple of months now but I have not
>> connected them to MythTV yet because I do not have an IR blaster. On
>> either of my backends I do not have serial ports so I would prefer a
>> USB solution. I see on the wiki there are a couple of options:
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Using_an_IR_Blaster_with_MythTV
>>
>> I was thinking about the MCE remote combo but it appears this is no
>> longer a product in production (deactivated from newegg, others ..)
>
> This doesn't look very deactivated to me:
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880121002

I did not know that one had a blaster. A month or two ago the one they
sold had IR blaster in the title or at least typing IR blaster in
newegg's search got to the remote which now it does not. I can not
find that one at all.

It was similar to this one but not the exact same:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815144019

John