[mythtv-users] problem playing dvd iso files from backend

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 17:39:20 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Moving the iso's to a non-storage group window did not help.

To prevent misunderstanding I'll rewrite the scenario here.

The dvd iso's I use are created with k9copy.
I keep my dvd-backup iso files on my nas.
I mounted the folder with the iso's on a folder on the backup via samba.
I''ve also tested it with an nfs mount, it does not work either.

I've also tested to play the iso's with vlc and they both work fine so there
is nothing wrong with the iso files.

I watch my iso movies on the front end.

First I try to play an iso movie-a.iso.
It works fine
Then I try to play another iso  movie-b.iso.
It fails to play.
Now I try to play the first iso again movie-a.iso
It fails to play as well.
Switching runlevel to 3.
Switching runlevel to 5.
Now I try to play the first iso again movie-a.iso
It works fine again.

Something is bugging me on my frontend, can't seem to pinpoint what.

Rob Verduijn