[mythtv-users] Exiting near end of still-recording program results in no bookmark set

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Tue Mar 1 21:32:51 UTC 2011

I have the setting "Action on playback exit: Save position and exit".
This saves a bookmark when I press Esc while playing a recording,
allowing me to resume from where I left off.

However, if I start playing a program while it is still being recorded,
and skip right up to the end (or as close to the edn as I can get, which
is a few seconds before the end), then press Esc, a bookmark is *not*
set. This means that when I play the recording again, it starts from the
beginning rather than when I got up to.

I often "chase play" recordings like this, like sporting events, where I
start playing the program late and skip through the adverts, and catch
up to the live broadcast. It's OK if I continue playing, but if I stop,
no bookmark is set and it's annoying when it happens. The workaround is
to pause or skip back a few seconds before stopping, but I keep
forgetting to do so.

I think this problem is new in 0.23 or 0.24. It certainly happens now
with up-to-date 0.24-fixes, and I certainly don't recall it happening in
0.22 and earlier (I only used 0.23 for a day or two).

I've searched in trac but can't find a ticket about this. I just wanted
to check here before raising one. Do other people see this?

Cheers,

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T