[mythtv-users] How is this pricing possible?

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Tue Mar 1 23:14:04 UTC 2011

> Far more alarming is the load_cycle_count attribute, which probably started

 at 100 and is now 18 (after 829207 load cycles).  My guess is that the OP
> has left the APM settings at default.  Personally, for laptop drives, I
> write a little ACPID script which disables hard disc APM whenever the
> laptop
> is on AC power. I've also found it necessary to do something similar on my
> new MythTV box which uses 2TB WD Caviar Black drives.

Could you elaborate on this? For the drive in question (my laptop), I had
used Windows 7 for the longest before installing Arch on it recently and
using Windows sparsely now but for company apps that don't jive with
wine/*nix. In the Windows power settings I have it set to never idle the HD.
In linux now, I haven 't set anything for it either, I am using
laptop-mode-tools (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Laptop_Mode_Tools).
If you'll check the Hard Disk section of that link, I have implemented that
command to 254. If you can recommend an improved means of handling the HD
spin/power management by all means I'd like to do that, as I have not
configured it at all really beyond that.

Thanks
Bobby