[mythtv-users] HD-PVR issues - is there a solution?

Jim Morton Jim at Morton.hrcoxmail.com
Wed Mar 2 21:15:59 UTC 2011

On 3/2/2011 4:12 PM, Mark wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 9:54 AM, Greg<greg12866 at nycap.rr.com>  wrote:
>> I had 0 length files, and issues with drops in the middle of the file,
>> and sync issues for a while.  It turned out it was a power supply
>> going ever-so-slowly bad.  New power supply, no more problems.
>>
>> I've only skimmed much of the thread, but I hadn't seen anyone
>> suggesting that you check your power supply and your USB
>> hubs/connections.  These could be the culprits as well as something to
>> do with Myth (FYI, I originally thought my issue was my upgrade to
>> 0.23, which happened shortly before these issues started cropping up).
> I could see dropouts and failed recordings with a bad power supply,
> but audio / video sync problems goes against all my BSEE training.  Does
> not compute.

I had this progressively worsening sync issue and resolved it by
lightening the load on the backend. Just 1 comm flag job at a time
instead of 2. That was months ago and no recurrence.