[mythtv-users] Installing an external USB sound device on Mythbuntu 10.10 [ADDENDUM]

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Thu Mar 3 03:05:42 UTC 2011

Andrew,

Is configuring the sound set up really that off topic?

I'll drop it, but I would have thought that drilling down to get
consistent sound support would be of interest to the group.

I mean, I know that ALSA is not strictly a MythTV issue, but isn't the
real delimiter on on topic the issues that MythTV users are likely to
face in setting up their environment? (Especially considering how flakey
sound is on Linux...)

--
Dave M G

PS: I also disabled the unwanted motherboard sound card in the BIOS,
which has helped.