[mythtv-users] Hyper Threading on Atom CPU

Tom Runner tomj.runner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 10:21:04 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 5:54 PM, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/3/3 Richard Morton <richard.e.morton at gmail.com>:
> >
> > I'm using a Zotac ION A, with only 1 stick of 2Gb ram. It's at the same
> time
> > Front and Back end + XBMC. No issue at all to play any kind of movies.
> >> The 2 key setup I made:
> >> - Allocate 512Mb to Video in Bios
> >> - Install Nvidia 260.19.29 drivers remove all others nvidia drivers
> >>
> > Interesting...
> >
> > HD content? Dvd rips? Which codecs?
> >
> > Which theme?
> > What is your eyesight like?
> > Which playback profile are you using and did you edit it? If so what did
> you
> > edit?
> >

> Very interesting...
>

> --
> Josu Lazkano

On MythTV the recordings are done using HDPVR. It records in 1920x1080 as I
set up the STB to send 1080 (only one HD chanel though). HDPVR codec is
h.264.
Standard theme. The other ones are not working well, very slow.
Not sure what you mean by eyesight ?

Now for XBMC it's mostly divx, xvid and h.264. Some DVD, DVD rip or blue ray
rip. One strange thing/trick on XBMC, if watching a HD movie, we have to
start it with xbmc windowed, then switch full screen.

Playback profile is VDPAU normal. I don't think I've updated it. I'll check
when back home.