[mythtv-users] missing recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 3 20:02:16 UTC 2011

On 03/03/2011 02:33 PM, kanetse at gmail.com wrote:
>> You shouldn't be doing direct database editing.  You should use the
>> Python bindings, which know how to properly delete and allow re-record.
> Thanks, this is great!  Unfortunately, I don't know much Python, but
> it shouldn't take too long for me to whip something up.

Lots of good examples (many from the guy who wrote and maintains the
Python bindings) at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Python_Scripts
.  If you can follow patterns and the documentation at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/0.24_Python_Bindings , you should be able to
get it working (and it will be much better than any
direct-database-editing approach, and will continue to work when our
schema changes--as it will soon, and very much so).

Feel free to post your script when you finish the rewrite.

Mike