[mythtv-users] How can I start a lossless transcode from mythweb

Greg greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
Sat Mar 5 14:48:36 UTC 2011

On 03/05/2011 06:56 AM, Anthony Giggins wrote:
> On 27/02/2011, at 11:59 PM, "Michael T. Dean"<mtdean at thirdcontact.com>  wrote:
>
>> On 02/27/2011 05:29 AM, Anthony Giggins wrote:
>>> How can I start a lossless transcode from mythweb?
>>>
>>> If I select transcode I dont get any options which profile to use so I
>>> assume it would use the Default profile but every transcode I've tried
>>> from mythweb fails. I've currently got the High Quality Profile set to
>>> lossless and that works great when running it from the frontend, would
>>> setting my default profile to lossless fix this or should I look at
>>> running a user job?
>> I don't know much about transcoding, but I /think/ that whichever
>> profile (Default, High Quality, Low Quality or Live TV) you set as
>> "Autodetect from MPEG-2" (assuming an MPEG-2 source recording) is the
>> one that's used when a transcode is triggered from MythWeb or started
>> using X in TV Playback (versus selecting the job specifics in Watch
>> Recordings).  So just set up High Quality as your autodetect profile.
>>
>> Mike

I don't think I fully understand transcoding.. I've tried it out in the
past. I was just being curious as to what it does. I have a few questions:
1. When you transcode does it remove the commercials if it finds a cut
list?
2. Does it save the recording it to a different location and preserve
the original?
3. Just what does a lossless transcode do?

I have read most anything I could find on the subject,but like most
things on the Internet most of the information is pretty dated....

Thanks