[mythtv-users] segfault in ImageLoadThread::run

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Mar 5 20:28:46 UTC 2011

* On Sat Mar 05, 2011 at 08:09:49AM -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> I wonder if anyone else has seen a segfault in ImageLoadThread::run on
> 0.24-fixes (up to date)?
>
> I've filed ticket 9634 (http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9634) but
> wondered if anyone other than the myth devs have any ideas about it
> seeing as it's

I took the ticket, but if you compile the source on your own, can you
test the following change?

Edit libs/libmythui/mythuiimage.cpp and go to line 87.  Add a couple
lines at the top of the run() method to make it look like this:

    void run()
    {
        if (!m_parent)
            return;

        QString tmpFilename;
        if ((m_filename.startsWith("/")) ||

If m_parent is null for some reason, we'd segfault, so this will check
for that.  If it still segfaults on the m_parent->LoadImage call, then
please run your frontend with background image loading turned off and
try to reproduce the issue again.

To turn off background image loading, set an environment variable
called DISABLETHREADEDMYTHUIIMAGE to 1.  If this env variable is
defined, all images are loaded in the foreground.

Thanks.

--
Chris Pinkham