[mythtv-users] mythburn (was: Problems making DVDs from mythtv recordings...)

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Sun Mar 6 13:10:26 UTC 2011

[Trying with a better subject line.]

On 03/05/2011 09:55 AM, Will Dormann wrote:

> > mythburn.log is probably a good place to start.
> >

> > -WD
Ok, here is a portion of mythburn.log file where I created a DVD from a
mythtv recording.  Notice how it can be inferred the last bit of the
transcoded recording is missing (i.e. the missing "chapter 2"):

  ERR:  Cannot jump to chapter 2 of title 1, only 1 exist
  ERR:  in VTSM pgc 0, button 2
  ERROR: Failed while running dvdauthor. Result: 1

Missing the last 20 minutes of a 90 minute show when I created a DVD
from another recording with out using chapters starts to make sense.
It's as if mythburn or a tool that mythburn is using does away with the
last bit of a recording.  Perhaps the entire last chapter!

Has anyone else see this?  Better yet, has anyone else work out what the
problem is?

-thanks