[mythtv-users] ALSA:surround51 with MythTV 0.24

Achim Hofmann news at achim-hofmann.com
Mon Mar 7 19:57:52 UTC 2011

Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:

> On 3/7/2011 12:32, Achim Hofmann wrote:
>
>> MythTV Version   : Unknown
>>
>> Only change I made to the mythtv ebuild is that I included the latest
>> vaapi-patch taken from trac ticket 8593. But I don't believe that this
>> could be the reason for this, is it?
>
> Whose ebuilds are you using?  The ones in the MythTV packaging
> repository populate that value properly, and the old Gentoo ebuilds only
> worked off subversion and did not use that naming scheme.

I'm using the ebuilds taken from the packaging repository. (See link in
TP) I listed all my installed ebuilds in my last mail. They are all
0.24_p20110219. In the meanwhile they were removed this version from the
repository.

> The ones in the MythTV packaging repository populate that value
> properly

Are you really sure? Have you tested this before?

I spent some time and found the reason for this behavior: There's a bug
in the media-tv/mythtv ebuild and it still exists in the current version
0.24_p20110302 in the repository.

Have a look at the mythtv-0.24_p20110302.ebuild:

https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/blob/master/Gentoo/media-tv/mythtv/mythtv-0.24_p20110302.ebuild

Line   7:   MYTHTV_VERSION="v0.24-198-g0d3d3a4"
Line   8:   MYTHTV_BRANCH="fixes/0.24"
Line 101:   sed -e "s/\${SOURCE_VERSION}/${MYTHTV_VERSION}/g" -e
"s/\${BRANCH}/${MYTHTV_BRANCH}/g" -i "${S}"/version.sh

If you make use of slashes within a variable like MYTHTV_BRANCH and use
these in a replace command within sed, you'll have to escape these with
a backslash. Otherwise sed interprets these as separators and fails with:

sed: -e expression #2, char 19: number option to `s' command may not be zero

Using MYTHTV_BRANCH="fixes\/0.24" the sed command works fine and the
file version.sh is updated correctly.

I'll re-emerge the package with this change to ensure if this fixes the
problem entirely.

Regards,
Achim Hofmann