[mythtv-users] New Imon Kernel Driver

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Mar 9 18:37:16 UTC 2011

On Mar 9, 2011, at 12:01 PM, Eric Sharkey wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>> If the new
>> imon driver is driving his hardware, he's got an onboard decode
>> device,
>
> But if he's got an onboard decode device, it won't support arbitrary
> IR codes,

...which is why I said maybe his light switch remote happened to
use signaling that is imon-compatible. :)

> so we have inconsistent information.

Not entirely, but some clarification would definitely be good.

> Stefan, can you run "lsusb" and send us the output so that we can see
> precisely which imon hardware you have?

If I had to guess, I'd say its going to be 15c2:ffdc. I've seen these
spew random stuff when remotes other than their hard-coded type
were pointed at them. Its *possible* there's another remote with
signals that are consistently decoded and passed along. More likely
with ffdc imon hardware than with later hardware, from what I've
seen, anyway.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com