[mythtv-users] Digital Signal decoder

quecumber256 at comcast.net quecumber256 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 9 19:10:22 UTC 2011

> I'll see advertisements for upcoming shows or new pilots at the bottom
of the screen, but as mentioned, they are cooked into the video, and not
removable.  I've never seen anything as obtrusive as what you describe.
Perhaps you could post a screen grab of what you're talking about?<

Right now the laboratory system I'm talking about is hypothetical. The reason I need some type of digital video recording software that allows me to view the recorded video in both encoded and decoded forms is so I can experiment around with the data stream and see what is really out there. If I could grab a screen shot I would, right now I can't.

Right now I'm guessing because I have no way to analyze a digital video stream. Right now I'm trying to see if I can find the type of software I will need to perform the analysis. I really don't kow what is possible until some sort of signal analysis is performed.

If instead it is something your cable company has instructed your cable box of
displaying, MythTV would not even be capable of understanding it, much
less displaying it.

I asked my cable company if they could install a pop-up blocker on their cable box. They jumped all over me saying they had no control over the signal originating from the boardcaster.

All I really wanted to know was if MythTV can be modified to show a recorded show in both encoded and decoded form.

Quecumber256