[mythtv-users] Amazon Prime on MythTV

David Schlenk mythtv at schdav.org
Thu Mar 10 02:38:27 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 4:02 PM, David Schlenk <mythtv at schdav.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 8:06 PM, George Galt <george.galt at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 2:23 AM, David Schlenk <mythtv at schdav.org> wrote:

>>> I scratched my own itch and wrote a grabber for Amazon. So far just
>>> have tree view working but hopefully I'll get searching implemented in
>>> the next week or so.
>>>
>>> It relies on screen scraping but the ToS didn't seem to prohibit it.
>>> Anyway, I'll get it cleaned up and ready for public consumption soon.
>>> Just thought I'd let the thread know!
>>>
>>> David
>>>

>> David:
>>
>> I'm happy to be a guinea pig when you are ready.
>>
>> George
>
> OK! I'm getting near ready for release, just need to clean up a couple
> more things. Switched from Dish to DirecTV today so that's distracting
> me slightly.

And I have hit a bit of a roadblock. Apparently MythBrowser doesn't
persist cookies between sessions, so while I have the grabber working
properly there's not a good way to actually view the videos. So either
I have to implement persisting the cookie jar in MythBrowser or find a
way to post something to log in before actually pulling up the
video... guessing the former is more viable.

Robert perhaps you can confirm if I'm speaking the truth about cookies
being persisted between sessions?