[mythtv-users] Digital Signal decoder

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Mar 10 02:40:17 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: quecumber256 at comcast.net

> I would like to view an incoming or recorded digital video in raw
> digital form, so I can look for specific digital flags.
>
> For example: I'm sure you have seen those stupid pop-up ads that
> usually appear on the bottom left hand side of your TV when a TV
> program resumes. I consider this unnecessary noise and would like to
> filter it out. Therefore, I would like to be able to view the program
> in raw digital form so I can see if I can spot thoses flags and filter
> them out.

I concur with a later reply: you badly misunderstand how those "bugs" come
to be on the screen: they're not layered on in any place where you have access
to the source video underneath which does not contain them; they get added
into the MPEG stream (these days, often at the TS level, rather than PS),
by hardware at, generally, the local network affiliate.

So these "specific digital flags" for which you search... don't exist.

Cheers,
-- jra