[mythtv-users] tearing my hair out with audio over hdmi

Matt Harrison iwasinnamuknow at genestate.com
Fri Mar 11 08:29:09 UTC 2011

On 10/03/2011 21:22, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> time to use a different distribution than the one you are using that
> is obviously not working for you?
>
> can understand that one would want to find out what's wrong: but there
> are easier distribution to install and configure than gentoo IMHO and
> usually just work out of the box.

I did try installing the alsa-driver package as per your previous email
but I recevied undefined symbol issues on reboot. I dont have that
kernel booted at the moment so I can't copy them here.

As for the distribution question, as much as I love gentoo, I am
beginning to think that it might be time to change for this project.
I've got the mythbuntu CD here ready to roll, there is only one other
task I will have to take into account. I have a PS3 bluetooth remote to
get working (when it arrives). I have absolutely zero experience with
bluetooth and afte all this hdmi trouble i'm not looking forward to it :D

Assumimg the audio problem will be easier to solve with another
distribution, I hope the same will be true for the bluetooth.

Grateful for your opinions on this before I re-install.

Thanks

Matt