[mythtv-users] Any advantage going to 64 bit?

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 09:31:54 UTC 2011

I was advised off 64bit when i bought my q6600 intel core2quad. As a
combined fe/be stuffed in a cupboard i seem to recall that there were
reports of all sorts of hassles 3 or 4 years ago when i bought this around
video and flash.

Things may well have changed but i have stuck with 32 bit. My ion systems
also run with 32bit maybe it is time to experiment with 64bit if everyone
agrees it is now no more hassle and has some benefits. (All ubuntu here).