[mythtv-users] myth video file naming issues

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 16:21:24 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Highlight one of the files in mythvideo press i for info under metadata
> select reset meta data... you may need to exit and reenter mythvideo to see
> the change. You can press w to download new metadata for the file.

This isn't working either.  It clears the descriptions, but doesn't
seem to reset the file name.  Unless that garbage file name is
actually coming out of some metadata within to the video file (I'll
need to check that tonight).

Even if it did work, I would need a way to do it in bulk.

I'll try moving the files off entirely, and forcing a rescan.

Thanks