[mythtv-users] Any advantage going to 64 bit?

Ajay Sharma ajayrockrock at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 18:48:45 UTC 2011

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 1:31 AM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Things may well have changed but i have stuck with 32 bit. My ion systems
> also run with 32bit maybe it is time to experiment with 64bit if everyone
> agrees it is now no more hassle and has some benefits. (All ubuntu here).

The flash issues remain.  The alpha 64-bit release and the "square"
preview release were better, but it still has issues.  If you use
flash with your mythbox and don't notice any issues then I would stick
with 32-bit.  I watch a lot of youtube videos (starcraft 2 replays,
mostly.  :)  )  and have thought about going back to 32-bit for a
stable-ish flash player.

--Ajay