[mythtv-users] Would this video card work in HDMI?

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Thu Mar 17 02:08:52 UTC 2011

> I have that exact same card; and it works very well.
> You'll need the latest alsa 1.0.24 to get the HD audio bitstreaming
> feature.
>
> 1.0.23 works too but won't work with bitstreaming.
>
> I mention 1.0.23 because that's what I've reverted to for the time
> being. I've noticed a regression occurring with 1.0.24 where the audio
> becomes completely garbled once in a while and require a reboot

That's great to hear! Well, about it working :)

Is it basically plug-and-play these days? I ask because I last set up alsa
maybe 4 years ago and it was a brutal time figuring out 5.1 and all for my
~/.asound.conf, I was fortunate enough to have a genius in #alsa on IRC help
me and I just fear having to endure trial-and-error terror again.