[mythtv-users] Tuner Schedules

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Mar 17 07:56:39 UTC 2011

Spencer Herzberg wrote:
>Hi, is there a way to easily setup schedules for tuners? So that say
>Tuner A can't record anything from 5pm to 1am, and Tuner B from 10am
>to 12pm?

What schedules are you using ? I'm using the Radio Times feed over
here with XMLTV and I know that combination supports part time
channels. Some of our channels are only active part of the time as
they share bandwidth with others. Eg, we have a couple of children's
channels on BBC that are active during the day, and then in the
evening/overnight the same bandwidth is used for normal channels.

Logic suggests that if you could configure your scheduling so that
the two cards have separate schedules, but neither has any
programming for the "down" time, then the scheduler would simply not
schedule any recording during those down times. I've no idea what
you'd need to do to set it up though.

--
Simon Hobson