[mythtv-users] Micro Server and Low Profile Digital Tuner Card

MH Acct mh_acct2 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 20 21:59:07 UTC 2011

Sorry, folks, that link seemed to get truncated, this one should work ok
http://bit.ly/evEvDB
AFAIK it's got a 25W max on the cards it can take, and as I mentioned they need to be low profile.  I suspect I may end up having to get a USB receiver and put a lower end GFX card in there to help with the workload.

A bit more background on where I am and what I currently have (as I believe it makes a difference to what I want/need to receive) - I'm in the south east Essex area of the UK, and I'll be using a existing analog aerial to receive standard free-to-air UK services - does that mean I will be receiving DVB-t?

To Alex Tomlins - thanks, that link looks really useful, I'll look into splitters on there, if I need one (I suspect this _will_ be the best option for me), and will poke around for any other information on there that might help me.

Sorry for being such a noob about this - I've never had to look into digital receiver kit and have been rather out of the hardware loop for a while as I've used laptops for the last 5 years or so and so haven't build a PC from scratch in a few years, now
Cheers
MH