[mythtv-users] HDMI Audio Zotac 430 GT

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 03:22:22 UTC 2011

Hi

On 21 March 2011 12:28, Scott & Nicole Harris <snharris99 at live.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I know.  I actually just finished installing 2.6.32-29 and the alsa
> modules from the ppa for it.  I though I had something at first, it went
> through 3 reboots with HDMI working each time.  Then it settled into 3 more
> reboots with no HDMI.

Could it be a faulty hdmi cable or something like that?

or a faulty card of course.

Something that would be worth checking:
Have a read in:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:HDAudioPassthrough#Checking_your_TV_.2F_Amplifier_.2F_Audio_Processor_capabilities

And check the eld file , both when you have audio, and when you don't.

At least we'll know if it's something related to what the amplifier
reports (or doesn't).

If the ELD does change, it may be worth asking in the alsa user list
if there's a way to force the eld value or make alsa completely ignore
it.

Otherwise I have no idea what else could be going on.
JY