[mythtv-users] HDMI Audio Zotac 430 GT

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Mon Mar 21 11:28:38 UTC 2011

From: Jean-Yves Avenard
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2011 11:22 PM
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] HDMI Audio Zotac 430 GT

>Could it be a faulty hdmi cable or something like that?

>or a faulty card of course.

Obviously I can't 100% rule out the card, but I am leaning towards it not
being that due to a few observations (not the least of which is, it seems to
be fine in a Windows box).

>Something that would be worth checking:
>Have a read in:
>http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:HDAudioPassthrough#Checking_your_TV_.2F_Amplifier_.2F_Audio_Processor_capabilities

That leads me to believe that I need to go back to the -29 kernel with the
audio-dev ppa.  I notice that all the 430's in the table require "alsa git
xxx", whereas the 220 seems fine with "alsa 1.0.24".
,
>And check the eld file , both when you have audio, and when you don't.

>At least we'll know if it's something related to what the amplifier
>reports (or doesn't).

>If the ELD does change, it may be worth asking in the alsa user list
>if there's a way to force the eld value or make alsa completely ignore
>it.

>Otherwise I have no idea what else could be going on.

I will investigate that.  Thanks for your help!