[mythtv-users] Quick mythweb question

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Mon Mar 21 15:56:37 UTC 2011

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 8:41 PM, Ian Forde <ianforde at gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't used mythweb in a while, so I don't know when it broke, but
> somehow, my mythweb installation is broken.  I've quadruple-checked the
> installation instructions, but when I pull up the page, I get the blue
> background with the MythTV image (that links to the mythweb home page
> itself) in the upper left portion of the page.  Nothing else.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> I've reinstalled mythweb half a dozen times, tried older versions,
> looked at the Apache logs, and found nothing.  And yes - I've tried
> the ?RESET_TMPL=yes option as well.  Nothing works...

I don't really know, since I haven't seen this particular problem
before, but in general when I've had weird mythweb failures it's been
php memory limits.  Make sure that you have yours set high enough.  I
have this set:

        # If you have a large number of channels, you may need to increase this
        # value to prevent PHP from running out of memory.
            php_value memory_limit                  512M

in /etc/apache2/conf.d/mythweb.conf.  The location of this file may
vary by distribution.

Eric