[mythtv-users] Quick mythweb question

Spencer Herzberg spencer.herzberg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 16:11:34 UTC 2011

> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 8:41 PM, Ian Forde <ianforde at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I haven't used mythweb in a while, so I don't know when it broke, but
> > somehow, my mythweb installation is broken.  I've quadruple-checked the
> > installation instructions, but when I pull up the page, I get the blue
> > background with the MythTV image (that links to the mythweb home page
> > itself) in the upper left portion of the page.  Nothing else.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > I've reinstalled mythweb half a dozen times, tried older versions,
> > looked at the Apache logs, and found nothing.  And yes - I've tried
> > the ?RESET_TMPL=yes option as well.  Nothing works...

I ran into a similar problem about a week ago after mythweb was updated on
my Ubuntu box where my mythweb loaded just like yours did. My apache
error.log file was complaining about not being able to load the English
translation files from the module_path.

I didn't do any googling on it (because I needed it to work right then) I
just edited the mythweb/includes/defines.php file and hard coded my modules
folder which for me was /var/www/mythweb/modules. My Mythweb install was
last pulled on 13th or 14th March.

So if by chance you missed that your apache error.log was complaining about
your module_path and/or translation files, this maybe your problem too. I'm
not recommending that you fix yours this way, I just want to see if this is
your same problem so we can both get this fixed properly.

-Spencer