[mythtv-users] Wow! Don't start more than one copy of mythfrontend!

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Mar 21 16:31:53 UTC 2011

From: "Douglas Peale"<Douglas_Peale at comcast.net>

> Don't start more than one copy of mythfrontend!
>
> I did so accidentally, and it got stuck in a loop of mythfrontend
> crashing and automatically restarting itself. Took a while to
> kill it so it would stay dead.

Second instances of mythfrontend crashing is a known issue.  It is
caused by the upnp/web server in the frontend trying to grab port 6547,
but it already being in use.  It has since been fixed.  Update to a more
recent version.

As mentioned by others, mythfrontend does not automatically restart on
its own, nor is there any functionality in any other mythtv application
that would otherwise do so.