[mythtv-users] Wow! Don't start more than one copy of mythfrontend!

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Mon Mar 21 19:12:00 UTC 2011

On 03/21/2011 04:29 AM, Ryan Patterson wrote:
> You must be using a custom script to launch mythfrontend because it
> does not automatically restart itself.  I'm not sure how valuable your
> advice it unless you also tell us what launch script you are using.
Yes, I do have a custom script. I wrote it myself in python, but I did nothing that would cause it to restart if it failed.

You can find the script here: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythstatus.py

Relevant code:

  def start_front_end(self,widget,event):
    if event.type == gtk.gdk.BUTTON_PRESS :
       if event.button == 1 :
          if not os.fork():
            os.execlp("mythfrontend","mythfrontend","--service")