[mythtv-users] Wow! Don't start more than one copy of mythfrontend!

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Mon Mar 21 19:23:14 UTC 2011

On 03/21/2011 12:11 PM, Chris Kapp wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Douglas Peale
> <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net> wrote:
>> On 03/21/2011 09:31 AM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>>> As mentioned by others, mythfrontend does not automatically restart on
>>> its own, nor is there any functionality in any other mythtv application
>>> that would otherwise do so.
>> Then please explain the "mythfrontend has crashed, restarting." message I get occasionally when I start mythfrontend that goes
>> along with a new copy of mythfrontend automatically starting.
> Are you using Mythbuntu?  If so, I believe it is a feature they
> implemented.  I know I find it happening on my server that is running
> Mythbuntu.
I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 with mythbuntu installed as a package. Well, I'm not entirely sure exactly what I'm running since I
didn't really know what I was doing two years ago when I first installed it, and have made many changes since. I do recall not
being able to get it working until I had installed the mythbuntu package. Since then I have been using the version from
http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.24/ubuntu, so I guess it is mythbuntu.