[mythtv-users] [UK] DVB-S2 Tuning Problem (Five HD, Luxe TV HD)?

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Mar 22 12:44:31 UTC 2011

On 22/03/2011 11:50, David Knight wrote:
 > On Mon, March 21, 2011 6:16 pm, Paul Gardiner wrote:
Five HD,

 >>> I wasn't aware that was possible. How do you set them up?
 >>
 >> Ah, I remember. Say no more.
 >>
 >> Is it record or playback that's failing? If record is ok, can you
 >> get a sample? If it stopped working when you upgraded to 0.24-fixes,
 >> I wonder about the H264 parser changes made for the sake of BBC HD
 >> (although I remember you being involved in the discussions at the time,
 >> so would imagine you've taken on those changes before this upgrade).
 >> The parser displays some warnings which might be useful, but it doesn't
 >> use the logging system, instead outputting to stderr. I'm not sure
 >> where you'd expect them to end up.
 >>
 >> Paul.
 >>

 > Hi Paul, Unfortunately I didn't test other HD channels at the time -
 > stupid I know :)
 >
 > There is also a ticket logged with a similar issue for our scandinavian
 > friends - http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9616.

The problem mentioned in that ticket doesn't immediately suggest the
parser changes as a cause: it says "I have no problems tuning to the old
channel that is still there".

 > Is there a way I can revert the parser changes to test if it resolves the
 > problem?

The patch was committed by John Poet: once located, it's pretty easy
with git to revert a commit: there are probably easier ways, but one
way is to create a branch just before the commit. Check out the branch
and then git reset (not --hard) onto the commit. Then commit the local
changes onto the branch. That gives you a reverting patch that you
can cherry pick onto the fixes/0.24.

Having said that, it may be a red herring because the error message
"PES start code not found in TS packet with PUSI set" is not coming
from the h264 parser. It's coming from dtvrecorder.cpp which is
decoding the transport stream.

Cheers,
     Paul.