[mythtv-users] Quick mythweb question

Ian Forde ianforde at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 02:34:54 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-03-21 at 12:11 -0400, Spencer Herzberg wrote:
> I ran into a similar problem about a week ago after mythweb was
> updated on my Ubuntu box where my mythweb loaded just like yours did.
> My apache error.log file was complaining about not being able to load
> the English translation files from the module_path.
>

> I didn't do any googling on it (because I needed it to work right
> then) I just edited the mythweb/includes/defines.php file and hard
> coded my modules folder which for me was /var/www/mythweb/modules. My
> Mythweb install was last pulled on 13th or 14th March.
>

> So if by chance you missed that your apache error.log was complaining
> about your module_path and/or translation files, this maybe your
> problem too. I'm not recommending that you fix yours this way, I just
> want to see if this is your same problem so we can both get this fixed
> properly.

I had that same error, but I updated my myth installation to current svn
on the 20th (2 days ago).  I had thought that the modules issue was
fixed.  In any case, instead of hacking the code, I made a symlink as
follows:

root at server:/var/www/mythweb# ln -s modules/_shared .

That got rid of the apache error.  But mythweb still doesn't work...

	-I