[mythtv-users] Problem with LiveTV and recordings colliding

Per Lundberg perlun at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 19:40:32 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> In the past, this has come up many times, and we've always said that we
> would accept a patch that, when trying to enter Live TV with all tuners
> in use, pops up a dialog telling the user all tuners are in use and asks
> the user if he would like to go directly to Watch Recordings or watch a
> show as it records (complete with a list of all  the shows currently
> being recorded).  No one (dev or user) has been motivated enough to
> write such a patch, yet.

Thanks for the info. As Johnny says, it would be quite nice to have this.
How different is the trunk compared to 0.24 nowadays? I mean, if I
(hypothetically ;-) write a patch towards 0.24 (which my current backend is
running), how hard will it be to forward-port it towards the trunk?
--
Best regards,
Per Lundberg