[mythtv-users] uPnP from Mac Mini 2010 to Sony player

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Thu Mar 24 16:06:51 UTC 2011

At 8:40 AM -0700 3/24/11, Keith Gunderson wrote:
>First issue, I can't seem to connect to the system using the DNLA features of my Sony BR player.  What should I be looking at in order to get this resolved?
>
>Myth system:  Mac OSX 10.6  Myth 0.24
>Linksys router
>
>I have some music and a few videos in my myth system right now.

At a quick glance, I don't see any mention of the Sony BR players working, or not working with Myth's UPNP server:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/UPnP_Client_Info

You might try another UPNP server (maybe MediaTomb).

BTW, I think the sinkhole of incompatibility that is UPNP is the reason Apple is pushing its AirPlay solution.

Craig