[mythtv-users] Playback problem -- random short pauses

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 16:27:30 UTC 2011

I can say me too... this has started since moving to the .24 release -
it never happened on .22 with my hardware.

It usually corresponds with an increased level of HDD activity, but it
doesn't seem that it should be enough to cause the pauses - aka, at
other times, the HDD will be much busier, and I won't get pauses.

Also, my OS / MythTV / Database is all installed on an SSD drive - so
there should be no competition with the expensive database queries
that other folks have reported.  My videos are stored on a single disk
drive - the only thing the disk drive is used for is video storage.
So the only competing IO should be other recordings and/or the
commflag process.

The pause never lasts long enough for me to actually take a look at
what top says.

For me, it will tend to happen about once per movie watched.  Just
enough to think "thats annoying" but not frequently enough to cause me
to take the time to try to fix it myself....