[mythtv-users] mceusb as an input device

Harry Orenstein holists at optonline.net
Fri Mar 25 02:27:45 UTC 2011

On Thursday, March 24, 2011 04:31:45 pm Jarod Wilson wrote:

<snip>

> > Yep, modified NEC just like Apple's remotes. The first two bytes of the
> > signal are a vendor code, 0xa10c, rather than a command !command pair
> > to be checksummed. I've got an entire keytable together for it now, but
> > its actually going to require me to finally get around to some NEC
> > decoder modifications to allow these types of signals to be decoded.
> >
> > (Actually, I already wrote some code a few months back, but we still need
> > to settle on how best to actually handle this w/the in-kernel decoders).
>
> Patches for the TiVo remote to Just Work(tm) out of the box with this
> bundle have been posted upstream, and have a decent chance of making
> it into 2.6.39. I'll probably backport them into the Fedora 15 kernel
> too.

Thanks once again!  For me I guess this is good news and bad new.  Good news
in that it will (probably) be in Fedora 15 when I upgrade and bad news in that
I have to wait until May for that to happen.

If I found the correct repository, it looks like your patch cannot be easily
be backported to Fedora 14.  It appears as if there were some more extensive
changes to the module (and the rest of the rc modules) back in December.

> Still need to address the Apple remotes, they're a bit of a different
> beast, since they have two bytes of vendor ID, one byte of pairing ID
> and one byte of actual command...

-- Harry O.