[mythtv-users] Looking for people to test IPv6 Patch

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Sun Mar 27 12:13:55 UTC 2011

  A few others on this list have expressed an interest in an IPv6
capable Mythtv so I'm looking for others to test a patch for it.

I've been using this patch since XMas with no problems.

Use of this patch assumes you have IPv6 setup internally already between
your machines. There is plenty of simple instructions on how to do that
out there for those looking to try it :)

Once you've patched your system and install the new binaries you can try
it by simply changing the IP information in mythtv-setup on the general
page.  Filling in the IPv6 address of the master as well as of the frontend.

Then restarting mythbackend and mythfrontend should bring them up and
talking to each other.

Now in my case I am running dual stack (IPv4 and IPv6 on each host) and
my MySQL communication is via IPv4.

As far as I can tell everything works except for UPNP sharing. but there
could very well be other things that don't work with I just don't use :)
I've also only patch the PHP bindings to ensure mythweb will work but
have no looked at the perl or python ones. (Patches welcome ;) )

The patch can be found here : http://phaze.org/mythtv/myth-ipv6-17.diff

Please report back any success and or problems you run into.

Thanks!