[mythtv-users] Building a library.....chews up space!!

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 28 05:23:15 UTC 2011

I've been building my Library now for about 5 years and it recently
hit 7TB of storage for assorted Movies and TV Shows. Over the last 2-3
years more and more are HD recordings transcoded down to x264 720p,
but these are usually about 25%-35% of the original broadcast space
requirements.

How many other people on the list are actively building a library?

Are there any tricks and tips you use for indexing/reference?  for
example I split my library into Movies and TV, then into alphabetic
subgroups i.e. 0-C, D-E, F-K where each group has about 100
subdirectories.