[mythtv-users] Mythvideo gallery - movies in several folders

Tom Runner tomj.runner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 13:42:09 UTC 2011

Hi

I'm organizing my movies by folder, something like "kids", "thriller",
"Mum", "cartoons",... and viewing them with gallery view by folder.

But the family would like to have some movies in several folders + a "All"
folder.

I read somewhere, that I should normally be able to manage that by using
symlinks. But when I create symlinks of some movies into the "all" folder,
the next scan remove the movies from the source folder and put them in the
"all" one. So I don't have the movies in the 2 folders. The next can "move"
back the movies from the all to the source folder.
Example:
Folder Thriller:
-> movie 1
-> movie 2

Folder All:
->Symlink movie 1
->Symlink movie 2

Gallery view by folder shows 2 movies in the thriller folder before scan, 0
in the all folder
After the first scan, Thriller folder shows 0, All shows 2
Next can, Thriller folder 2, All shows 0
And so on.

Any idea on how I can have the movies showing in the 2 folders ? Do I miss
an option somewhere ?

Thanks