[mythtv-users] Building a library.....chews up space!!

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 14:22:21 UTC 2011

I agree... when encoding a dvd to h264 with handbrake it takes an hour per
hour of video using handbrake high profile and comes out at about 1gb/hour.

And it is the same with bbc1 sd content (from freeview-bbc1 is the highest
bitrate sd on freeview.) After i have copied it to my totranscode directory
using mythtranscode --honorcutlist.

It would be great if mythtranscode supported h264 transmissions so i could
use the same process with hd recordings from freesat. And if i could tell
mythtranscode to transcode to h264 as well...

Still need to put a wrapper on it to do it all from the gui in one step, itd
be even better if mythtranscode could be told to do the second step
conditional on the source codec (i.e. not retranscode to h264 if the source
is already h264)