[mythtv-users] Missing recordings - partial diagnosis

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Tue Mar 29 20:00:08 UTC 2011

On 11-03-29 02:43 PM, Neil Cooper wrote:
..
> Im on Cox cable so still get a mix of analog and digital broadcasts. When
> selecting "watch Live TV" and a digital channel opens first, it usually (but not
> always)  can't get a lock on any digital channel. However if I even momentarily
> switch to an analog input then switch right back, the digital tuner can then get
> a lock fine. Its appears that just selecting/watching an analog channel
> resets/initialises the digital tuner somehow.
..
> It appears that MythTv 0.24 isn't properly initializing the tuner hardware
> which is is the reason a lot of of  recordings (both analog and digital) are
> being screwed. I didn't have this problem with 0.23.

That's interesting.
I've noticed recently that 0.24 (haven't tried this in recent memory
on earlier versions) is giving me grief with all three hybrid tuners
at my disposal:

HVR-950Q -- really doesn't like to have both analog and digital configured.
PCTV-800i -- ditto.
HVR-1600 (hardware compression) -- loses analog audio randomly.

So I've given up trying to make those work with analog,
and just use them for digital (ATSC OTA) only.
My one remaining PVR-250 will do me until the end of analog
here in Ottawa (Canada) late this summer.

Which reminds me of another topic.  Stay tuned.