[mythtv-users] Great experience with MythTV

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Mar 30 00:18:23 UTC 2011

On 3/29/2011 20:12, Mark Lord wrote:
> On 11-03-29 08:00 PM, George Mari wrote:
>> So I brought it home, and set aside a few hours thinking I would need to
>> "fiddle" with things to get everything working again.  Before I replaced
>> the tuner and shut the backend down, I thought I would need to remove
>> the tuner from the MythTV configuration in mythtvsetup, but I saw there
>> was really no option for this, other than "Remove all tuners"
> It took me forever to discover that pressing "D" (or delete on the remote)
> will delete a single tuner.  There really ought to be an onscreen button
> or help text for this, but I suppose it's not something done too often.

Quoted from Robert Kulagowski's online documentation at
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-9.html#ss9.1:

If you have made a mistake, you can delete a card by highlighting it and
pressing the 'D' key, or you can highlight it and press the RETURN or
'E' key to edit it.

Note that is generally preferred to remove all tuners, and add them all
back, if reorganizing stuff.  The order you define capture cards is the
order the scheduler will use them, and that should be the method of
controlling tuner selection rather than setting tuner priorities.