[mythtv-users] Great experience with MythTV

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Wed Mar 30 00:36:26 UTC 2011

On 03/29/2011 07:18 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 3/29/2011 20:12, Mark Lord wrote:
>> On 11-03-29 08:00 PM, George Mari wrote:
>>> So I brought it home, and set aside a few hours thinking I would need to
>>> "fiddle" with things to get everything working again.  Before I replaced
>>> the tuner and shut the backend down, I thought I would need to remove
>>> the tuner from the MythTV configuration in mythtvsetup, but I saw there
>>> was really no option for this, other than "Remove all tuners"
>> It took me forever to discover that pressing "D" (or delete on the remote)
>> will delete a single tuner.  There really ought to be an onscreen button
>> or help text for this, but I suppose it's not something done too often.
>
> Quoted from Robert Kulagowski's online documentation at
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-9.html#ss9.1:
>
> If you have made a mistake, you can delete a card by highlighting it and
> pressing the 'D' key, or you can highlight it and press the RETURN or
> 'E' key to edit it.
>
> Note that is generally preferred to remove all tuners, and add them all
> back, if reorganizing stuff.  The order you define capture cards is the
> order the scheduler will use them, and that should be the method of
> controlling tuner selection rather than setting tuner priorities.

And now that you mention it, I do remember seeing on the list - or
somewhere - that 'D' will delete a single tuner.  Of course, I didn't
remember it at the time.

Since I replaced a ATSC tuner with an ATSC tuner one-for-one, and they
both use the v4l-dvb API, I'm thinking I should be OK to leave it as is
unless I start to see any problems with it.

The tuners are still in the same order as they were previously.  Does
anyone think I'd still be better off doing a 'Remove All' on the tuners?

Thanks.