[mythtv-users] Digital switchover channel confusion

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Mar 30 12:40:30 UTC 2011

John Pilkington wrote:
>Hi: My region (UK Central) is entering Digital Switchover and I lost
>three early-morning recordings last night because of transmitter work.
>It looks as if several rescans will be needed in the next few months.

Been there, thankfully most of that is now behind us up in WInter
Hill (Granada) land.
I just deleted all channels and started from scratch each time. To
avoid the general pain of renumbering the channels and deleting all
the manure of shopping channels etc, I knocked up a script
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_editing_script

Since they were p***ing about with the lineup on a regular basis,
this saved me many hours.

In your case I think you may have to try scanning one transport at a
time to work out which is which.
--
Simon Hobson