[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun getting Partial Lock (TLAM-V) on one channel

Marc Sherman msherman at projectile.ca
Thu Mar 31 01:26:49 UTC 2011

I'm using an HDHomeRun to record OTA. Up until yesterday, it was working
great.

Suddenly yesterday, one channel that previously worked fine has become
untunable. When I try that channel in live TV, it says that it's getting
a partial lock, and the tuning status shows TLAM-V (the G is missing).

When I try to tune the same channel in the HDHomeRun gui config tool, it
works fine, and I can watch that channel in the mplayer window it pops up.

Does anyone know what the G in the tuning status means, and why that
channel would suddenly stop working in mythtv?

I've tried rescanning the channel in the backend setup, but that didn't
help.

The missing channel (CFTO-HD 40/9-1 in Toronto) currently hosts over
half of my scheduled recordings, so I'd really like to get this working
asap. Any help is greatly appreciated.

- Marc