[mythtv-users] Sasktel IPTV (Microsoft Mediaroom) - Again.

Greg Mitchell greg at nodecam.com
Thu Mar 31 04:07:50 UTC 2011

Robert Johnston wrote:
> Well, it seems the days of using Myth with Sasktel's Max system are
> over. Their "old" streams are no longer carrying any video or audio
> streams, and the new streams (Which would be very nice to have) are
> encrypted. Yes, they really are, as I finally found that the
> "content-scrambling" bit in the PES is set to 1 (or "User defined"),
> which probably explains why ffmpeg, vlc and mplayer were all having so
> much difficulty decoding them.
>
> So, I am (for the moment) without TV. Which kinda sucks.

Is anyone successfully using LIRC to control their MAX box?  I can't get
good codes out of my new remote using an USB MCE receiver.  The VIP_1200
codes on the LIRC site don't seem to do the job - at least I can't use
it to control Myth (and therefore don't hold much hope that I'll be able
to use lirc to control the stb...)

Greg