[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun getting Partial Lock (TLAM-V) on one channel

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Thu Mar 31 16:05:11 UTC 2011

On 11-03-31 11:42 AM, Marc Sherman wrote:
> On 3/31/2011 11:27 AM, Mark Lord wrote:
>>
>> Does changing the "Quick Tuning" option have any effect?
>> (mythtv-setup ->  Input Connections ->  HDHR)
>
> Yes! That fixed it! Thanks very much for the tip, Mark.
>
> With that change, it's now only showing TLAM on the tuning status.

Here in Ottawa, we don't have that nasty CTV digital station yet.
My HDHR is set for "Use Quick Tuning for LiveTV only",
and "TLAM" is all I normally ever see there.

But in your case, you probably want it to "Always" use quick tuning.
Be sure and test it with an actual recording, not just LiveTV,
as the two methods don't always do exactly the same things.

Perhaps try it again after a power cycle, just to be sure.

Cheers