[mythtv-users] Mythbackend on VMware Server with DVB-tuners

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Sun May 1 12:41:16 UTC 2011

On 11-04-30 03:43 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
..
> usability issues and lost recordings.  For small installations with one or two
> tuners and a handful of channels, an ARM or Atom would be plenty sufficient.
> They will not have the power to commercial flag in a reasonable time frame, will
> be limited in the physical tuners and hard drives you can attach, and will not
> be powerful enough to handle several tuners and a large channel lineup.

The Ion2 box I have here does commflag in real-time as well as the Core2Duo box
downstairs.
Only for one recording at a time, but that's often more than good enough.

It also handles multiple digital tuners without issue,
and the USB2 buses can connect way more tuners than I'd ever need.

I agree that it might have issues with hundreds of channels
due to the high overhead of scheduling.

Cheers