[mythtv-users] SL6 Kernel/QT vs QT47 on atrpms

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Sun May 1 16:46:43 UTC 2011

On 5/1/2011 11:31 AM, Nick Morrott wrote:

> Enable the EL6 repo on atrpms.net as John suggested (and is mentioned
> in the SL6 link you posted), and let your system upgrade itself
> normally.
>
> You shouldn't need to manually remove QT4.6 in order to install QT4.7
> - your package manager should gracefully update to the latest versions
> of packages available from the repositories enabled when it is run.
>
> Installing a packaged version of the nvidia binary that includes DKMS
> support will also ensure that your nvidia kernel module(s) is
> automatically rebuilt/upgraded whenever your kernel is updated.

It doesn't.

  SL6 installed QT and QT3 and QT47 (the package name and all the needed items) refuse to install on top of QT because of conflicts.

They don't seem to want to happily coexist.

So HOPEfully, I didn't break anything too seriously (time will tell) by using RPM to --nodeps erase the packages in question which then allowed me to install QT47... and now I'm running Mythtv. (doing the setup now)

  -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.