[mythtv-users] Hauppauge remote control (Nova-T DVB-T)

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun May 1 17:19:26 UTC 2011

On 1 May 2011 17:55, Damian <myth at surr.co.uk> wrote:

> Does anyone know if any of these options in the Mythbuntu 'Auto
> configure IR receiver' section would work with an IR receiver that Plugs
> into a Hauppauge Note-T card?
>
> Command IR: Direct TV Receiver
> Command IR: Dish Receiver
> Command IR: Motorola Cable box

<snipped rest of list>

None of those would work with your hardware.

(General wondering) Does LIRC no longer use the /dev/input driver for
such devices? I don't remember seeing anything to the contrary, but
there have been a lot of LIRC woes recently and a lot of changes as
LIRC moves further into the kernel.

How have you configured LIRC?

> And if so, would having 2 cards confuse it?

If their /dev/input/eventN nodes move around on boot it could cause
problems. You'll either need to configure LIRC to use a persistent
device node that doesn't change, or use a udev rule to create one for
this purpose.

Cheers,
Nick

--